TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-09 > 1285770136

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Website source question.
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:22:16 -0500

Yes, I would imagine our sources would look similar printed, but are
recorded differently in TMG. But that's fine, as long as our reader can find
the original. I prefer to have Giles A. Cobb's birth certificate as the
source with Texas Births 1903-1907 at Ancestry as my repository, since that
is how I would record it if I went to Texas and visited the state archives
and made a photocopy of the record off the same roll of microfilm there.

Like I said, I don't use the bibliography ever. I use what prints there for
another report I need that only uses the bibliography fields. So I copy the
full footnote to the bibliography so I can get the report I need.

I hadn't thought about putting the information about the source in the
comments field. Thanks, another great idea that I will start using. I've
been putting it in the reminder field so I can see it when I cite that
source.