TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-11 > 1288803279

From: Ian Singer <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Upgrades
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 12:54:51 -0400

On 11/3/2010 11:41 AM, Darrell A. Martin wrote:

> This can make for some really bad results if the receiving program does
> not handle nuanced sentences. For one example, I have considered using
> "negative" Roles. Let's take a hypothetical "Misidentified" Tag, Tag
> Group "Name", Role "NotNamed", male sentence "RP:NotNamed is sometimes
> incorrectly reported as a name he used< [M]>."

I would just list the name as a Name-Var and in the memo field but"this
name has been reported but there is no documentation for it"

No roles, and fine in GEDCOM <G> and it makes total sense when I read it
in TMG.

Ian Singer

See my homepage at
hosted on
All genealogy is stored in TMG from
Charts and searching using TNG from
I am near Toronto Canada, can I tell where you are from your reply?

This thread: