TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-01 > 1294595410

Subject: Re: [TMG] [Bulk] Re: Same-sex couple with child
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 17:50:10 +0000 (UTC)

Chris,

Just exactly what will these charts/reports that display social relationships be called?

Unless you want to re-define the meaning of the words 'descendant' and 'ancestor' it would be fraudulent to use those words in those charts/reports.

If those terms were to be used in relationship to such charts it would just be one more example of family historians co-opting genealogical terms and then seeking to re-defining them for their own purposes.

"Hitch not the Chariot of State to the twin steeds of Government and Religion, for down that path lies chaos"
Leto II