TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-01 > 1295044564

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Conclusions
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:36:04 -0800

I have no doubt. As I said, I'm the dad, not the mom, yet I can tell you
birth date, time, place, and weight and length of each of my four kids.

Still, I wouldn't expect you or Teresa to "believe" me, especially over
legal documents (even though my name is on those documents--as
"Attending Physician" for my fourth).

GeneJ wrote:
> Trust me on this, Teresa remembers when her children were born. <G>
>
> On 1/14/11 3:18 PM, "Rick Van Dusen" <> wrote:
>
>> As Lee and John have given instances of, there are specific cases that
>> discredit your claims.
>>
>> I'll accept that you "know for a fact" your children's' births (I
>> certainly know mine), but *I* don't know for a fact that you know for a
>> fact or that if you told me them, you'd not made any typos,
>> misspeakings. I'd cite the info as "Teresa/their mother told me",
>> without adding any assertion of accuracy.
>>
>> A personal-testimony "know for a fact": I remember very clearly my
>> father and my mother-in-law dying the same week. (My daughter, eleven at
>> the time, was home ill from school, and answered both calls--a bit
>> traumatic.) However, almost a decade later, early in my genealogy work,
>> I got my father's SSDI record, and found that the date of death I
>> "clearly remembered" was one day different from the SSDI. Guess what: I
>> really am not sure which is correct. (One of these days, I'll get other
>> documentation.)
>>
>> Sorry; I'm not dissuaded from my "'know for a fact' phobia".

This thread: