TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1299101407

From: "Cheryl Freeman" <>
Subject: [TMG] Registration key keeps getting removed
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 15:30:07 -0600

Hello, asking for some help J

Twice I have rebooted after an unexpected shutdown to find that System
Mechanic has taken over the boot process to compress the software hive and
the system hive. After the boot process is complete (including a reboot
after the application has finished) when I open TMG I get the screen that
says I have an expired trial version, and I have to renter the key.

I have used both TMG and System Mechanic for years and never seen this
problem until I got a new Toshiba laptop a couple of months ago. Please do
not recommend that I unload System Mechanic - that is not an option and
other than this issue, it is a beneficial application.

Can anyone tell me what file the registration key is saved in? Does anyone
else use System Mechanic and know what setting I need to check or uncheck?

I am trying to figure out what is happening with the hopes of preventing it
going forward.

Thanks,

Cheryl

This thread: