TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1299710226

From: Pierce Reid <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG Digest, Vol 6, Issue 192
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 14:37:06 -0800 (PST)

Rick Van Dusen wrote:

<<(Theoretically, there may still be UFT users out there who have not
switched to TMG but someday will. In that sense, Dennis would be "wrong" about "dead end".)>>

Yes, Rick, there are still a number of UFT users "out here".

I've been "playing" with TMG since it introduced roles. UFT is still my primary data base, although I've kept up to date with TMG and expect to convert over "some day".

I still use UFT because it does some things better than TMG and TMG's Genbridge import lacks a few key features that are important to me. Genbridge also does not import quite everything from UFT. UFT is also a lot faster on modern computers than TMG. I've had talks with Bob and other key staff about the limitations. (When we went on the "land cruise", Bob remembered me and some of my concerns - good PR even if he hasn't solved my problems.)

Pierce

This thread: