TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1299737190

From: Dennis Lee Bieber <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] design question
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 22:06:30 -0800

On or about 3/9/2011 05:08 PM a carrier pigeon from Ian Singer delivered:

>Serously.....does every TMG user enter an address for husband, wife and
>all assorted children, and then update it each time they move?? Did
>users even know they were expected to do that? If the manual would have
>said that when I started with volume 4 I think you would have heard me
>scream. Maybe I should look at the sample dataset and see if it was
>done there?

I haven't had time to work on my data set for some three
years now... But I'd probably handle these addresses by listing the
"family" (that is, the husband/wife as principles) and link the
children as witnesses -- rather than create an address record for
each individual.

After all, the "move" is typically the decision of the
parents, and the children are just "baggage" pulled along.

Lee Bieber

This thread: