TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1299775589

From: "Tom Momeyer" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Comibining similar Tags in Narratives
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:46:29 -0500

Garry,

Take a look at Terry's website: http://tinyurl.com/6xehewt
Scroll down to the heading "The mason becomes a farmer". In the narrative,
there is a paragraph for occupation and the Censuses and other sources that
support the paragraph are included at the end of the paragraph. So, for one
of my ancestors, I used an Occupation tag and a sentence:
"He <was|and [PO] were> [M]" (which may have been the default sentence, not
sure). The output:
"He was reported to be a laborer, quarryman and stone cutter in the years
from 1858 to 1900." The citations include all of the Censuses and other
vital records, etc that support the occupation.

Tom

This thread: