TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1299992930

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Importing GEDCOM
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 00:08:50 -0500

"Tom Momeyer" <> wrote:
>When importing a GEDCOM file into TMG, there's a question that asks if you
>want to lock the file and says that a locked file can be refreshed later
>with an updated GEDCOM. I'm putting it in a new Project, and it would be
>helpful to refresh it as the GEDCOM is updated. However, in TMG, is there a
>way to tell what has been updated?

No.

Keep in mind that locked data sets are just that -- locked to prevent
any changes by the user. The data set can be viewed in any way that
you can view an unlocked data set, but the data cannot be changed,
edited, added, or deleted. The only way to change data in a locked
data set is through the refresh process -- or, of course, unlocking
the data set.

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;