TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300000992

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Importing GEDCOM
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 23:23:12 -0800

It would be something of a kludge, but you could retain the previous
project and from the latest GEDCOM create a new project, or a new
dataset within the project, then compare them.

Not as neat as "track changes" in most word processors, but doable.

Actually, that's another way: Print the same report(s) from the prior
and the new datasets, and compare them in a word processor.

Tom Momeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>

> When importing a GEDCOM file into TMG, there's a question that asks if you
> want to lock the file and says that a locked file can be refreshed later
> with an updated GEDCOM. I'm putting it in a new Project, and it would be
> helpful to refresh it as the GEDCOM is updated. However, in TMG, is there a
> way to tell what has been updated?
>

> Also, does anyone know if the GEDCOM files at WorldConnect match the
> "updated" date given for the online "tree"? Or, is it possible to update a
> tree, and have an older GEDCOM file for download? I'm putting a few people
> in TMG from the GEDCOM and didn't know whether to cite the date for the
> GEDCOM as the "updated" info given for the "tree".
>

> FYI. I know the cautions regarding unsourced online trees, so no need to
> respond about that.
>

> Thanks, Tom

This thread: