TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300029262

From: Kaye Wykoff <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] F2 & F3 Repeat Keys
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

Joe,
I posted these instructions some time ago when I had the same issue with my new
computer.  I haven't checked to see if the link is still good, but here is a
copy of my email to the list about it.

I fixed it by going into the BIOS and changing the setup.  I made the F# key
primary to the multimedia part of the F keys.  This was very easy to do and you
can contact me off list for more instructions if necessary.  Just hitting F3
alone now repeats field entries.  Shift+F key now inserts a macro without
holding down the Fn key also.  If I want to increase or decrease volume I have
to use Fn+F8 or Fn+F9 and to check my battery status I use Fn+F3--just like old
times!

The instructions I found were at
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/accessbios.htm .  Read all the
way down to get all the data.

I found, that on my laptop, pressing Esc as the Dell logo came up, showed me
that the 'set up' access was through the F2 key.  So when I restarted and
pressed F2 several times when the Dell logo came up it took me right into the
BIOS set up.  It was obvious from there what to do.  Please feel free to email
me off list if you have any trouble.

Kaye

Joe wrote:
I recently purchased a new computer.  After installing TMG the F2 & F3 keys
are not working properly.  I've looked but can't find what the fix is.

Win7 64bit, TMG 7.4 running in advanced mode.  I've re-initialized the
repeat files

This thread: