TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300035881

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Importing GEDCOM
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:04:41 -0400

Tom Momeyer wrote:

> When importing a GEDCOM file into TMG, there's a question
> that asks if you want to lock the file and says that a
> locked file can be refreshed later with an updated
> GEDCOM. I'm putting it in a new Project, and it would be
> helpful to refresh it as the GEDCOM is updated. However,
> in TMG, is there a way to tell what has been updated?

Tom,

The merit of leaving an import locked, as I see it, is that you can't then accidentally modify it, or mistake it for your working Data Set and enter data there by mistake.

So far as I can tell, there is no difference between "refreshing" a data set and manually deleting it and re-importing it. I don't understand any value to the refresh function. There is no way to get TMG to tell you what was updated in either case.

Terry Reigel

This thread: