TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300280557

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] FTM
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:02:37 -0700

What version of FTM did you last use and import into TMG from? (Makes a
difference in the import issues.)

Meanwhile, my experience was that I had to re-enter or repair a lot of
sources, even after following the advice to import repeatedly until I
got the best possible import.

We can probably give you more specific help once we know better what the
problems are.

(As for Census, you will probably want to re-do that anyway, since TMG
gives much more flexibility. However, because of that flexibility,
Census is a mini-"life's work" of its own.)

Rose Staples wrote:

> I have been using FTM for about 15 years my file is very large and full of
> lots of sources, facts and notes. I have imported my file to TMG but I am
> having trouble knowing where to find "everything". In FTM I had my census
> information attached as a source to the individual's names. So in TMG this
> is all under "name" tags now I think any suggestions on how to fix this? I
> had film numbers etc entered in my FTM and I can't even find them....
>
> Thanks
>
> Rose Staples PLCGS

This thread: