TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300313276

Subject: Re: [TMG] FTM
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:07:56 +0000

Rose:

That is the approach I took after importing my FTM file a few years ago. I gave everyone in the project a "cleaned" flag, set to N. Then, I color highlighted my child's direct ancestors and focused on cleaning them first. Collaterals get cleaned as I come across them.

As you make progress, you can filter the project explorer list to only show direct ancestors (or any other subset of your project)having the "cleaned" flag set to N. Then you can work your way down the "uncleaned" list.

But do make sure you reset the "cleaned" flag to Y as you finish working on an individual. I have occasionally gotten lax in this regard and regretted it later.

Good luck!

Michael