TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300394145

From: bob gillis <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Wish List - Text Macros
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:35:45 -0400

On 3/17/2011 12:15 PM, Vincent J. Castelli III wrote:

> Is there a possibility of making the Text Macros unique to each tree
> developed.
>
> I'm working on 6 family trees which I keep in six separate folders
> within the Project folder. Each tree needs to use a unique set of
> address macros but only one can be created. Is there a way to put
> the macro database with each tree in its separate folder and then
> called as each tree is called.

Victor, you confuse me. Where do you use Text Macros in Place Fields?
Once you enter a place with D, C, C, S, C it is is stored in the Master
Place List. Te recall any place you enter F2, enter the first few
characters of the place name and select the combination that you want
to use.

The MPL is per Project so any Data Set in the Project can use the places.

For instance I have : the Dutch Reformed Church, Lunenburg, Lunenburg
County, NS, _Canada. I would use this combination for the baptism of a
person where there is no Birth Tag. I would use the Dutch Reformed
Church, Lunenburg, --Lunenburg County, NS, _Canada. where I had a birth
Tag and was entering a Baptism. this my way that I enter places

If you went to change a place as the changes are kept in the MPL and can
be modified when the Tag is entered or edited.

If your Detail varies like a street address, you can go to the City, F2
and enter the city and get the entries with the C,C,S,C that you want.

You can enter each field of a place by using F3 or Ctl F3

> Also, is there a possibility of making the macros available for use
> when creating a new person in a tree. The macros don't seem to work
> correctly when creating a new person. Instead of:

You should not be using Text macros to enter places. They are kept in 5
separate fields

> City County State Country
>
> you get:
>
> CityCountyStateCountry (no punctuation and nospaces).

Where do you get this?

bob gillis

This thread: