TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300499733

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Census tags was RE: Custom tags
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:55:47 -0400

Rick Van Dusen <> wrote:
>For those who think Teresa's method is overly simplistic, check out the
>Begeman system:
>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~djebegeman/tmg/Census.htm

I have just the opposite thought -- that Teresa's method is overly
complex. She has too many Tags and Roles. <g>

In any case, I looked at Diane's system early on; and while it has
some advantages, I decided not to use it. Basically, what I do is
about the same except that I do not use the "census" person. I
enter the Head of Household as the 1st Principal and all others in
the household as Witnesses.

I suspect that a lot of the advantages to Diane's system would depend
on research methods. Particularly, this would be if one went through
a census for each person known to be alive at the time and thus
likely to be enumerated. The system would easily track which census
records had been researched fully.

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;