TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300552107

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG] Census tags was RE: Custom tags9
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:28:27 -0500

Terry, I agree with you on this. This is one area where I do believe let the
computer do the work. While I have stated I am opposed (at least at this
point in my TMG use) to using local sentences, even if I weren't having
roles with different sentences seems less time consuming than typing in
thousands of local sentences.
I haven't yet decided how I want to handle accenting tags, because I haven't
yet seen TMG 8. One thing I have in TMG is tags I use in groups. Census and
Census image tags. Deeds, Deed image tags, and deed text tags. By accenting,
I am hoping to make those groups stand out and make it obvious where I need
a certain tag in a group.

I also use the tag type to see what tags I still need. I can also search on
a specific tag type (in a lot of cases I don't have a date in the tag. I use
the official date as my sort date and at times I just enter that.)
But one thing I know Lee and I agree on is we are thankful TMG allows the
flexibility. I don't have to do it his way and he doesn't have to do it
mine. I think a lot of the reason we do things so differently is he came to
TMG from the beginning, I came from UFT about ten years ago. I still do a
lot of things the way UFT did, and I am sure a lot of UFT converts do as
well.