TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300736523

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Global vs local sentences (was FTM)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:42:03 -0700

While I expressed reservations about putting a lot of text in the Memo,
Teresa's approach seems to me to alleviate much of the problem I see.

That is, that Teresa (if I understand her report correctly) uses the
standard sentence approach for the first part of the tag's output, but
appends more with the Memo. I'm understanding that the various
appropriate fields thus appear in the sentence, followed by
specific/unique text which adds more information.

This gets the fields, including the indexed fields, into the output, and
still has a unique sentence for the complete output.

----------
Now the problem Pierce is expressing, if I'm understanding correctly, is
one of getting the right person associated with the event while still
maintaining an accurate transcription of the document involved.

The will says, in part, "To my firstborn son, Jack, of whom I'm so
proud...." But "Jack" is actually John Robert (known by all but his late
mother as John, and not to be confused with his uncle, John Richard, who
was always known as Jack).

How (asks Pierce, I believe) does one index the name "Jack" in the Memo,
from within the transcription of the will, and connect that to the right
person? (Changing the name in the Memo is unacceptable, since this is a
transcription.)

(To me, a good bit of the answer is that I wouldn't clog up the output
with the transcript of the will, but would put that in the source
output. Maybe, though, portions of some wills merit reading within the
main output.)