TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300765246

From: "Cheryl Freeman" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Name changes in narratives
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:40:46 -0500

Ian, I have seen your posts on this subject and hope I may have something
that can help going forward. The name which appears at the top of the
Person View is the one you have selected as primary. If you have not set
any as primary, it is the first name you entered when you created the
person.

Not all TMG users want the birth name to be primary. Two examples:

My paternal grandfather was a Russian immigrant to the United States. I
have found 2 versions of his Yiddish name in Russia, and because of that I
am sure I know hiw Hebrew name