TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300801509

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: [TMG] How to set names was RE: Name changes in narratives
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:45:09 -0500

Judy,
Each tag for a person has a drop down box beside that person's name where
you can select a new name tag to print for that specific tag.
So what you need to do is create a name tag for Samuel Frishland and make
that name primary. It will now be his name on the person view screen.

Now create another name tag (I actually would create a custom name tag
called NAME-CHANGE if I were you. We can tell you how to do that if you
aren't sure). In this tag record his name as Samuel Frish, with a date of
1919.

Now for every tag after 1919, you will need to open the drop down box, and
select the name Frish from the list. TMG does not do this automatically. It
would be awesome if it did, but you do have to tell it what you want it to
use.

If your sentence is set for "He" it will still use "He" if it is set to
print the name, it will use Samuel Frish. That's all you have to do.