TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300827630

From: "M.A. Sharpe & A.S. Mackenzie" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Place question
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:01:24 -0400

I use the Detail, and record it as (for example)

"Lot 51, Section 14, Beechwoood Cemetery"

This way, if I record the cemetery name and later find out the lot and
section number, I just add it to the front. It helps me see where family
members are 'planted' in the same section (someitmes it's not obvious why
they were!). It also helps me plan a visit, because all of the listings
aggreggate at the same place in the list, and then I can dump it into a
table or a spreadsheet.

Mary Anne

>--------------------------------
>
> Message: 13
> Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:55:34 -0500
> From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
> Subject: [TMG] Place question.
> To: <>
>
> I have a cemetery place style and record the cemetery name in the Details
> level. But I am working on a cemetery today where I know the section of
> the
> cemetery as well as the cemetery name. This is a huge cemetery and knowing
> the section is imperative to finding someone.
>
> How do you record that? Would it be part of the details field, or the L1
> field. If in the details field do you put it in D1 and the cemetery in D2
> or
> vise versa.
>

> Teresa Elliott

This thread: