TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1300908904

From: "Darrell A. Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Enthusiasm and Elitism
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:35:09 -0500

On 3/23/2011 1:42 PM, Chris J Dixon wrote:
> Teresa Elliott wrote:
>> Virginia, I am afraid I don't understand this post. Which discussions do you
>> think have crossed the line? I must have missed something in the last few
>> days.
> I wonder if it was the (very sound to my mind) suggestion that,
> to paraphrase, recording data without sources was like building
> on sand.
> Chris

May I be so bold as to suggest that promoting the use of sources for
every single piece of data, without exception, is enthusiasm; but
insisting that this is the *only* intelligent, or proper, or reasonable
way to do it, is elitism.

That may not be what Virginia meant. It is what I think, however.

This thread: