TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1301268476

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] re irregular date
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 16:27:56 -0700

I have little problem with your complete package; at that point we
differ in where we put the original data, but we both keep it. To that
extent, I'll yield to your challenge re opinion vs. absolute.

In the present example, though, your approach has a big problem: We
simply do not know, and therefore have to guess, what the actual date
is; it's only recorded as Feb 29, 1767 which we know is incorrect. Only
if other documentation comes to light would I feel at all comfortable in
recording a different date.

I hold to my view that documents should be cited as saying what they
say, and I continue to disagree with you as to presenting my conclusions
at the front, but as I said above, we end up in pretty much the same
place, so it's not something to argue over, at least in my opinion.

This thread: