TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-03 > 1301338401

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Name Other
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:53:21 -0500

Very clever. I wouldn't have thought of that.

I do not print any name sentences at all. They are all --. The reason is I
don't care for sentences like "He was otherwise known as X." Instead I use
the name tag in my tag sentences, "Paul made his will...John Smith, his
loving son was mentioned as an heir."

I like that idea a lot and will have to experiment. Like you I use name
styles to control what prints or shows in lists. My census tags only print
the name "John Smith, age 14" but show on the PE as "John Smith, age 14 on
the 1860 census." This helps me to identify the correct John Smith in the
list.