TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-04 > 1302935687

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Program not producing .sqz backup files, won't merge,won't make GEDCOM file
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 23:34:47 -0700

Most people with two computers don't think to match the user names from
one to the other, and thus the "My Documents" folders are actually
different paths. It's easy enough to use the same user name on both
machines.

Meanwhile, if a file goes missing, the Windows Search works pretty well.
If case this ever happens again, search "My Computer" for *.sqz. That
will discover every file anywhere on the computer named <anything>.sqz.

---
I'm not at all keen on keeping my data in a path as long as that of the
standard Documents and Settings path, but that's an issue I'm not in the
mood to get into arguing. Nevertheless, this is an example of the
problems I see with the concept.

--
Richard Damon

I didn't think of that, you are most likely correct! The backups start
about
then - the missing ones I just found. My laptop died and I put the
family tree
onto my net-book to take along on a genealogy trip last summer.

Jann

This thread: