TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-04 > 1303666180

From: John Cordes <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] UPGRADE: TMG Utility Version 7.1.2
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 14:29:40 -0300

John,

Thanks very much for your dedication to user support
generally, and in particular right now for the new version of
TMGU.

I observed that the "Platforms" section of the TMGU web page
says:

"TMG Utility has been tested on Microsoft Windows 32-bit
operating systems with TMG Version 5.x, 6.x, and 7.0."

I just wanted to add a comment or two about this statement.

I am running Windows 7, SP1, on a 64-bit system. This is a
"pure" Windows installation -- i.e. no virtualization
involved.

I was a little concerned when I installed the new Utility,
choosing to have it overwrite the old installation: the Case
Installer program reported a possible problem with the
installation (this was a few hours ago and I'm afraid I forget
the precise wording). There were two options presented in a
dialog box, the 2nd of which was to say "The program was
installed correctly"; I cannot remember the details of the
first option. I just chose to Cancel out of this notice.

When I ran TMGU 7.1.2 it came up fine, and it had retained
some settings from my previous installations, such as the TMG
databases under the File menu. I opened my usual TMG 7.04
database (about 8,000 individuals), having first done a
backup. I ran 2 or 3 TMGU jobs, such as adding a standard
name, and setting the "Living" flag to N. I did these first
with Logging On, then with Logging turned off.

To the best of my knowledge everything is working as it
should be. I just ran a VFI on my TMG database and no problems
were reported.

I do realize that you would probably want to run a fairly
exhaustive suite of tests on a 64-bit system yourself before
being confident that everything is as it should be, but I
thought it might be worth mentioning my experience.

Thanks again, and Happy Easter!

John Cordes
Halifax, Nova Scotia

On [2011-04-24 at 01:05am] John Cardinal <> wrote:
> TMG Utility Version 7.1.2 is now available!
>
> This release includes a new feature, Change Citation Parts, a more powerful
> replacement for the Change Citations feature. There are also some new
> options on existing features, and a few bug fixes.
>
> The new "Create folder report" option of the Verify Exhibit Paths feature
> will be useful for TMG users with more than a handful of exhibits. The
> folder report includes a list of folders containing files that are used as
> exhibits, and for each of those folders, a list of the files in the folder
> that are _not_ exhibits.
>
> TMG Utility Home Page:
> http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/
>
> List of changes:
> http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/versions.htm
>
> You may download TMG Utility from this page:
> http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/download.htm
>
> Feature list:
> http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/toc.htm
>
> DONORWARE: TMG Utility is donorware. If TMG Utility saves you time and
> effort, I ask that you make a donation in my name to the Rhode Island
> Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The donation supports my
> participation in the "MS 150", a two-day, 150-mile bicycle ride that raises
> funds to support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. My wife, oldest
> daughter, and I are "riding the Rhode" this year and training now for the
> ride in June. See:
>
> http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/donorware.htm
>
> THANKS: Special thanks to Arnt Stavne, Teresa Elliot, and Terry Reigel for
> testing the new version.

This thread: