TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-10 > 1318882300

From: bob gillis <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] NEW feature request -- TAG last edit date
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:11:40 -0400

On 10/17/2011 12:30 PM, Michael J. Hannah wrote:
> On 10/17/2011 bob gillis noted:
>> I would like to see a Tag Last Edited Date. I often would
>> like to know when I modified a Tag, not just the date
>> any of the person's Tags were modified.
>> This date can be stored in a simplified format... [snip]
>
> And Cheryl Freeman also commented:
>> I would love to see which tags I edited... [snip]
>> I would like for the system to generate them
>> and for them to be available in a report...
>
> I wonder, Bob and Cheryl, if you both are wishing that this Tag Last
> Edited Date would be updated *automatically* whenever you edited a tag?
> Something like the "Person" Last Edited Date that is updated whenever
> you click OK to exit a tag?

If the programming would not be too difficult, I think a preference
switch for automatic or manual would be nice. If only one preference is
allowed then I would want automatic. One less thing for my old brain to
keep track of.

I think the dummy source with a date is an involved work around I will
never use it.

On 10/17/2011 Richard Otter noted:
>> Only problem is that name tag changes wouldn't be included.

Why not? I often enter a person with a name from a Census that just has
a given and married surname. I would like to be able to tell when I
added her complete name if the source is not clear.

bob gillis

This thread: