TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-10 > 1320108775

From: Pierce Reid <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] NEW feature request -- TAG last edit date
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:52:55 -0700 (PDT)

Ultimate Family Tree has a "Change Date" field for its Event (tags) records as well as individual records. The Change Date field is actually shown in the Event display.

That field can be useful if your database has a significant data problem that went back, say, a month or more. You can still use the "damaged" database, but you want to restore the backup made before the error was introduced.

With the change date, you can identify the records that you changed since the last good backup, so you can re-enter them manually into the database as of the last good backup.

I've also used it when my wife and I each thought we had the "offical"
copy of the database on our individual computers, and were making
changes to both our copies. I've been able to go back on the "unoffical" copy
to see what changes have been made since they were in sync, and making the changes again on the "official" copy.

I would want the field to be updated automatically, since I cannot see not wanting to know when the last change was made.

Pierce