TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-11 > 1321549274

From: "Patrick R. L. Dunbar" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Bookmark Query
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:01:14 +0000

On 17/11/2011 04:14, Kay & JW (Bill) Sturgeon OAM wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> Did you make the name you wanted primary with the asterisk before you
> bookmarked it??
>
> I tried it on my daughter who has several name variations, due to
> qualifications, first I bookmarked her birth name to primary then I
> changed it to the one with her qualifications as primary, both are
> bookmarked in my list.
>
> Kay
>
> -- Family History Tips http://golgolgirl.blogspot.com/

Kay,

Many thanks for the hint regarding my problem -

<I have been trying to bookmark 'Sir William Dunbar 1st. Baronet of Durn (1:8343)'
< but all the Bookmark Manager will record is 'William Dunbar (1:8343)'

I deleted the bookmark; entered exactly the same wording as a Name-Var
tag, made the Name-Var tag Primary, book-marked this, and all the text
appeared as the bookmark.

To check the original, I then deleted the bookmark, made the original
one Primary, which when bookmarked worked as it should have done.

Bit of a fudge, but it worked.

Having avoided the customising of Name-Var tags, perhaps now is the time
to start!

Kind regards,
Pat

--