TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-11 > 1321929869

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] WG Forum
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:44:29 -0800

Basically, RSS is programming code for Webpages that allows the user to
get updates to Webpages without having to "remember to go get them".
Think of it as analogous to having the newspaper delivered rather than
going to the corner shop to buy it every day.

Like the newspaper subscription, the "news producer" must make the
subscription service available and the user must subscribe.

If a Webpage you like, and keep checking, has the RSS logo/icon anywhere
on the page, usually, clicking on it will allow you to subscribe.

The user must be using either a Web browser with RSS capability (I think
all current versions have it) or a dedicated RSS reader (do these still
exist?).

One or more of the following links might help you:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10088_7-5143460-1.html

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-use-rss-feeds

http://webdesign.about.com/od/rss/a/what_is_rss.htm

Theresa Greene Reed wrote:
> Thank you, but the answer is clear as mud. No, I do not blog.
>
> TGR

This thread: