TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-12 > 1323388141

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG Not Responding
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 15:49:01 -0800

Okay. This doesn't seem, then, like a shortage-of-resources situation.
The only thing here I question is whether your Windows is 64-bit, since
you need that to access all 4GB of RAM. I'm assuming it is, but even if
it's 32-bit, 2GB should be adequate.

Anyway, seems like that's one possible cause eliminated.

Patrick R. L. Dunbar wrote:
> Rick,
> Windows 7 Home Premium. 4 GB RAM, 838GB (of 911GB) free, AMD Athlon II
> XII 250 processor 3.00 GB. TMG UK Gold.
> No failure today.
> Pat
>
> On 08/12/2011 14:01, Rick Van Dusen wrote:
>> What operating system are you running? How much memory do you have?
>> How much free space do you have on your drive?
>>

>> Patrick R. L. Dunbar wrote:
>>> Yesterday I tried to add a person; TMG greyed-out and the error 'Not
>>> Responding' appeared.
>>>
>>> This rarely happened in the past, but has occurred a few times over
>>> the last week or so. Yesterday there was 3 instances - and I had a
>>> few hours left before I closed down. (NB Actions other than
>>> add-a-person may have caused earlier failures - at the time I didn't
>>> note the action I had taken before the failure)
>>>
>>> After each failure I closed TMG, reloaded, then Optimized, ReIndexed,
>>> Optimized.
>>>
>>> After the last failure 'String too long to fit' appeared when I tried
>>> to load TMG. On reloading it loaded normally. Running maintenance,
>>> Optimize reported difference 705,182 bytes. This error may be just a
>>> 'one off'
>>>
>>> I had two databases open. Could this have a bearing on the problem?
>>>
>>> I am running Windows 7 Home premium, UK Gold version.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions much appreciated.
>>>
>>> A copy of this is on the WG Forum
>>>
>>> Pat Dunbar
>>> *Patrick R. L. Dunbar