TMG-L ArchivesArchiver > TMG > 2011-12 > 1324305259
From: Bob Velke <>
Subject: [TMG] TMG v8 is now available!
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:34:19 -0500
TMG v8 is now available!
This new version includes a long list of new features that have been
suggested by users, including:
- a whole new Report Writer that supports 32- or 64-bit systems;
- a new report viewer with expanded features;
- the ability to send Pedigree charts to Word/RTF with an index;
- many other improved report formats;
- color-coded report output;
- many new default roles and sentences;
- the new ability to share your tag types, roles, and sentences;
- new "Add Multiple People" and "Add Family" screens;
- greatly-expanded web searching features;
- many new features to make data entry faster and more consistent;
- and much more!
Please read the complete list of changes, new features, bug fixes, and
known issues before installing the program:
The upgrade for users of TMG v7.x is $29.95 for a download or $34.95 for
a CD by mail with an optional download. The upgrade can be purchased
from the Upgrade Center:
NOTE: Users upgrading from TMG v7 will need to provide their TMG v7
unlock code. To cut/paste it (rather than trying to transcribe 32
digits), run TMG v7, access Help > Technical Support and then click on
Trouble Report and open that file. Find the Serial Number near the top
and copy it using Ctrl+C or Edit > Copy. Paste it in the web store when
prompted for the TMG v7 Unlock Code.
ALSO: Upgrading users should _backup_ their data in TMG v7 (from the
File menu) and _restore_ it to TMG v8. The two program versions can be
installed on the same computer but be careful not to make modifications
to both copies of the project so that they are out of sync.
For users that are new to TMG, the full product description page can be
|[TMG] TMG v8 is now available! by Bob Velke <>|