TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-12 > 1324664232

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: [TMG] Article on Transferring Data to TMG 8
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 13:17:12 -0500

Darrell A. Martin wrote:

> Terry's Tips has an excellent article on updating from V5
> or V6 to V7. I believe he has removed it from the TMG
> Tips Table of Contents because it needs to be updated for
> the V7 to V8 move, but the principles are still
> applicable and language customization are "updated" the
> same way. I can send you the link because the file is
> still there, or a copy (if Terry says either is OK) --
> but you would have to make your own additions, for
> Windows 7 file locations, for example. Or Terry might
> finish the updated version. Not that he doesn't have
> anything else to do....

Darrell,

I had thought that the upgrade from 7 to 8 was simpler than last time, so hadn't intended to update this article. But apparently the article helps, so I've just updated it. It amplifies some instructions found elsewhere, and includes some screenshots that may be helpful.

It is at http://tmg.reigelridge.com/Updating-to-8.htm

Terry Reigel

This thread: