TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-12 > 1324846897

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Error still exists from V7
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 13:01:37 -0800

Assuming you're using Windows directly (not on a Mac through, say,
Parallels), you should be able to either use Alt-Tab to get to the
message window, or use Alt-Ctl-Del, then select Task Manager, then
select the message window. Either of these methods "should" bring that
message window to the front where you can see it.

A message window like this should appear on top of all else, but any
number of coincidental actions can change the in-focus windows an
instant after the message window appears. It would be better to have
such a window programmed to be "always on top", which should prevent
this problem from happening.

Terry Reigel wrote:
> Michael Dietz wrote:
>> I still get the error message occasionally from modifying
>> a book under the Book Manager which says:
>> Unknown Member ROPROTECTMAN. The problem is this error
>> message is hidden behind all the other windows that are
>> open and needs a response. Because I cannot see it I
>> cannot respond to it and the system freezes. I have to
>> do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the TMG task to get out of it.
>
> Mike,
>
> Have you tried using the Enter or Esc keys to see if you can respond to the message that way even though you can't see it?
>
> Terry Reigel

This thread: