TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2011-12 > 1325029583

From: Dennis Lee Bieber <>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:46:23 -0500

At 02:07 PM 12/27/2011, Steinar Vissebr├ąten wrote:
>At 18:38 27.12.2011, you wrote:
> >At 11:47 AM 12/27/2011, Lynn Rudberg wrote:
>
>......snip....
>
>The mail is too long to attach here.......
>
>You gave Lynn a very good description..

You may have snipped a tad too much as,
with your attribution line set to the personal
response ("you wrote"), there is no longer enough
data to follow the thread (ie; who is "you") -- I
had to look at my archive of sent messages to
match up my attribution line (the "Lynn Rudberg wrote").

If you've been using the normal "reply
to sender" you might want to see if "reply to
all" produces a different attribution line (or if
you can configure it to include the name of the
person you are quoting). "You wrote" is okay for
normal "reply to sender" when the author is the
person the reply is going to, but for a mailing
list where the author and sender are different, a
"reply to all" typically picks up the author for attribution.

This thread: