TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2012-01 > 1326213734

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] External exhibits and backups
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:42:14 -0500

Ian Singer wrote:
> On 1/10/2012 9:42 AM, Terry Reigel wrote:
>
>> I think an off-site component is important. I
>> accomplish that by use of Mozy, an online backup
>> system. I don't think that's a complete answer, but
>> coupled with local backups I think it rounds out a
>> sound system. I found that taking copies of physical
>> media off-site just never happened.

> But if you do a backup or copy a .sqz to a USB key that
> you keep on your keychain then it will be off a lot of
> the time and especially if you are home and there is a
> fire.

That's a beginning, but I see two serious issues with that approach:

1. I only gets the TMG project. That's not nearly enough. You need to back up all your data, and that won't fit on a USB key, and would take too long to make if it did.

2. You have to actively plug in the key and make the backup - it might work for a single TMG backup, but I could never do that reliably for all the rest of my data that needs to be included.

Terry Reigel

This thread: