TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2012-03 > 1331556297

From: "Darrell A. Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] message about overwriting language files
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:44:57 -0500

On 3/12/2012 6:41 AM, Vera Nagel wrote:
> Darrell replied:
>> I think I know the answer, but this does NOT prevent the message being
> repeated if the response to overwrite is "No", even if the process is
> being run under a privileged account, does it? I believe the message
> still repeats at every TMG startup until the user answers "Yes".
>
> I don't like that, but as I understand it the purpose is to force the
> user to update the language pack and re-import the custom language (the
> existence of the custom language is probably the cause for the "No"
> answer).<
>
> Darrell.
>
> That is correct. Say: this message still repeats at every TMG startup
> until the user answers "Yes". Running the process under a privileged
> account has no influence with regard to the conditions you describe.
>
> Ray's situation, however, is different, since he want the language file
> to be overwritten/updated.
>
> In case my memory is not playing games with me, I seem to recall that
> Jim already replied/explained to you -sometime back- why this message
> pops up continously when the user replies "No" to the prompt. ;-)
>
> Best,
> Vera Nagel

Vera:

Yes, Jim is the source of my information. And Ray's situation is indeed
different. I could not recall, however, if I first saw it in 8.02 or
8.01. If 8.01, I could perhaps be forgiven for hoping that Ray's
experience with 8.02 meant something had been changed that also affected
answering "No" in a direction I would like. It wasn't.

Nor did I have any reason to suspect it would be, but like I said ... hope.

Darrell

This thread: