TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2012-04 > 1333387696

From: Steve Roberts <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Problems entering spouses in 8.01
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 12:28:16 -0500

Teresa wrote:

> What changed was now TMG 8 does not automatically default P1 to the first
> role in the list and P2 to the second one, like TMG 7.0 did, so it gives you
> a warning that the role is incorrect. It's known, there's just a
> disagreement as to whether it's an issue. <G>
> It is by design.

I'm not sure where the disagreement about it being an issue would be -it makes
adding spouses much more difficult. I ignored the message (because I knew the
sex was correct; that the appearance of the message box must be a bug) and had
entered about 20 spouses in a family line before I realized the spouses weren't
printing correctly in Journal reports because both roles were assigned as
Grooms. I had to go back and correct them all. This could really create a train
wreck for someone, especially someone new to TMG.

Is there an easier way to enter spouses now?

Steve

This thread: