TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2012-04 > 1333397494

From: "Darrell A. Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Problems entering spouses in 8.01
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 15:11:34 -0500

On 4/2/2012 12:13 PM, Teresa Elliott wrote:
> Steve,
> What changed was now TMG 8 does not automatically default P1 to the first
> role in the list and P2 to the second one, like TMG 7.0 did, so it gives you
> a warning that the role is incorrect. It's known, there's just a
> disagreement as to whether it's an issue.<G>
> It is by design.

Teresa:

We have been over this ground, but I have read no convincing argument
that the design is a good one. The telltale indicator is that an error
message appears before the user has had an opportunity to avoid it.
This, in effect, *forces* the user to either (a) routinely ignore the
message, which is yet another indicator, not to mention a trap; or (b)
remove sex limitations on the Bride and Groom roles, which users who
have set them will definitely not like; or (c) put up with constant
unproductive mouse clicks. For me, (c) will be the choice, if nothing
changes between now and when I switch from 7.04.

At the rate things are going, being able to switch to ver. 8 may be "all
I want for Christmas" for this year too. I sure hope not. I am utterly
certain W.G. doesn't want it to get to that, either.

Darrell

This thread: