TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2012-04 > 1333471866

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Problems entering spouses in 8.01
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 12:51:06 -0400

On 4/3/2012 8:58 AM, Teresa Elliott wrote:
> Now that explanation makes sense. Just wish now we had a way the individual
> could tell TMG what two roles to default to. Sure they would change from
> time to time, but for the most part I think Terry always uses Principal.
> Darrell and I always use Groom/Bride, someone else might always use
> Groom/Principal.
Teresa,

I always use Principal unless I have information that one or both of the
spouses had multiple marriages (and I know the sequence of those
marriages). In that case, I assign the role, First, Second, Third,
Fourth, or Fifth to one or both of them, as was the case. When the other
spouse had only one marriage that I know of, I wanted to leave the
Principal role assigned to that spouse, but I couldn't until now. So I
assigned the Bride or Groom Role. But worse, as Jim points out, as soon
as I assigned a numbered role to one spouse, TMG assigned the next role
on the list to the other spouse. No matter how I sorted the list of
roles, that role was almost always wrong. With seven available roles in
addition to Principal, most any role would end up as "next."

With this change, I can assign the appropriate role to one spouse, and
only need to do anything to the other if they need a role other than
Principal.

I understand Darrell's suggestion, and think that's a good way to
accommodate the needs of both users who want to routinely use
Bride/Groom and those who do not.

Terry Reigel

This thread: