TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2012-04 > 1333588357

From: Carole Livingston <>
Subject: [TMG] TMG Church-adm sentence question
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 18:12:37 -0700 (PDT)

We're running TMG 8.02.0000 and are having two problems getting a church
admission sentence to print correctly.
What we usually enter is the name of the church in L1, the street address (in a
few modern cases where we know it) in L2, the normal location stuff in L3-L6.

We'd like it to print something like:
- if we know the church name (it's in L1):
He was admitted on 1 Jan 2012 to the Calvery Church at Hanover, NH.
- if we don't know the church name (L1 is empty):
He was admitted on 1 Jan 2012 to the church at Hanover, NH.

Here's our church-adm sentence
[P] <was|and [PO] were> admitted <[D]> to the< [L1]| church> <[L3]>< , [L5]>

This works if we have a single principal with an L1 field
#37 with an L1 field
She was admitted on 1 Sep 1890 to the Greystone Presbyterian Church at
Elizabeth, NJ.
and it works if we have two principles without an L1 field
#37 & #23 without an L1 field
She and Robert Mitchell Livingston (23) were admitted in Apr 1884 to the church
at Elizabeth, NJ.

But it doesn't work for a single person without an L1 field
#5072 without an L1 field
He was admitted on 18 Feb 1728 to the at Hampton Falls, NH. (the word "church"
is not being printed)
and it doesn't work for two people with an L1 field
#37 & #23 with an L1 field
She and Robert Mitchell Livingston (23) were admitted in Apr 1884 to the church
at Elizabeth, NJ. (the L1 church name entry is not being printed)
We've been through the sentence help screens and can't find what's wrong.  Can
anyone help?
Thanks

This thread: