TNANDERS-L Archives

Archiver > TNANDERS > 2008-01 > 1200781219

From: "Dusty Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [TNANDERS] Marie Phillips
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:20:19 -0500

Nah, my grandaddy and my 90 yr old uncle (nephew of Mary) says she had
illegitmate kids as did her sister Viola. IN fact Viola Smitha and her
illegitimate baby are living with Mary and family in 1910 in Anderson Co.
My Uncle, born 1917 remembers going to Mary's (his AUnt Mary) funeral in the
1920's. Besides, its kinda of proof that its Mary SMith when she is naming
the children after her sibs. Anyway here is the 1910 census, showing Mary
J. Phillips, Goldy (GOLDA) and family. It is my understanding that Mitchell
was born BEFORE her marriage/moving in with Goldy.

1900
Have found Charles Smith, boarder born Feb. 1888, male white 12 yrs old born
Tn., parents born Tn., Farm laborer,yes yes yes in Sullivan County, Tn. 7th
District onthe 12 day of June 1900 , Enumeration Dist 108, Sheet Number 4 -
another number is 1B.

H e is living with a man named what looks like:
Payne, George Head White Male born 1840 is 60 was born Tn., father born Va.,
mother Tn.
Payne, Nancy C or Mary C. Wife,born 1842 is 58, Tn. TN. TN.
Payne, Tennessee, Daughter White Female Single born 1879 is 21 Tn.TN.Tn.
Smith, Charles Male White Boarder born 1888 Feb. is 12