TNBEDFOR-L Archives

Archiver > TNBEDFOR > 2008-04 > 1208751368

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TNBEDFOR] Mitchells in Bedford Co., Tennessee
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 04:16:08 -0000

Author: COSmotherman
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.tennessee.counties.bedford/1424.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Me too!! I also want to know more about your Mitchells. There seems to be some connection between my ancestor, Willis B. H. Clements (Clemmons), and the Mitchell family.

June 4, 1827 John C. Clement (possible father of my Willis B. H. Clements) sold land in Bedford County, TN to Robert Mitchell with witnesses Nathan M. Mitchell and Samuel PLumlee (registered in Deed Book W, p 355).

On the same day, John C. Clement sold land to Issabela Mitchell with witnesses John Byler, D. K. Mitchell, R. W. Mitchell, and Jas. T. Byler. Registered in Deed Book AA, p 402. All these people lived in the NW corner of Bedford County around the community now called Rover.

One Robert Mitchell married Drusilla Everett in Davidson County, TN (Nashville) June 1, 1789. Robert Mitchell and Drusilla Everett were listed as neighbors in 1830 in Rutherford County, TN.

Thomas R. Mitchell married Nancy Pullam in 1837 in Davidson County, TN. I believe the mother of Willis B. H. Clements was Jane Pullen or Pulley.

Does any of this ring a bell with you?

Carolyn Smotherman

Important Note: