TNCLAIBO-L Archives

Archiver > TNCLAIBO > 2000-10 > 0972161872

From: "Imogene Bennett" <>
Subject: [TNCLAIBO-L] EVANS in Claiborne Co TN
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 15:57:52 -0500

Seeing several EVANS being mentioned in the Big Springs records has reminded
me I found the record below when I was in Tennessee Archives many years ago.
At that time I was chasing the wrong ancestor and she has since been put in
my "former ancestors" file. <grin>

Walter EVANS of this record was the first clerk of Claiborne Co when it was
formed 7 Dec 1801.

I hope this record might help some EVANS researcher.

Imogene Bennett
Springfield, MO

Claiborne Co TN Book A, p 199, Roll No. 18

Birth Record of Walter and James P. EVANS
The following was copied from Book A page 231
Walter EVANS son of George EVANS & Mary his wife was born in Pytsylvania
(sic) County in the State of Virginia on Wednesday Morning the 22d day of
April Anno Domini 1767.
James Price EVANS son of Walter EVANS & Susanna his wife was born in
Tazewell on the Evening of Wednesday **** Anno Domini 1806. registered 22d
day of September 1807
Walter Deputy register

This thread: