TNCLAIBO-L Archives

Archiver > TNCLAIBO > 2002-01 > 1010563935

From: "Nelda Percival" <>
Subject: [TNCLAIBO-L] Moore FAMILY surname not just from Claiborne Co., TN
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 00:12:15 -0800

And Agin once more Ray,
What is your MOORE surname line?
I have Moore's too!

1) Ballard Moore Wife:Dossie Goin, her birth info, Birth:6 Jul
1906Death:Sep 1972Place:Broadway, NC
Father:John Goin (s) (1878-1965)
Mother:Harriet Meyers (1880-1957)(Harriet Meyers is the Cupp connection)
*********************

2. Clarinda Moore (This line ties into my Lewises from the Barnstable Co.,
Maine group.

John Mayfield. He married Clarinda Moore.
They had the following children:

2i.Kezian J. Mayfield
Second Generation

2. Kezian J. Mayfield. Daughter of John Mayfield & Clarinda Moore. Born 17
Feb 1843 in Jefferson Co., IN. Died 19 Feb 1899 in Sherman TWP, Clay Co.,
KS.

She married Charles Newton Lewis, son of Daniel Lewis & Harriet Rice Keith,
17 Sep 1858 in Cana, Jennings Co., IN. Born 7 Sep 1839 in Cana, Jennings
Co., In. Died 3 Apr 1918 in Oregon City, Oregon. Buried in Mountain View
Cem., Oregon City, OR.
They had the following children:

3i.Harriet R. Lewis
4ii.Clarinda Alice Lewis
5iii.Elverilla Lewis
6iv.Matilda Elizabeth Lewis
7v.Martha Effie Lewis
8vi.Theodore Ernest Lewis
9vii.Emma Lewis
10viii.Carrie Amanda Oneta Lewis
11ix.Daniel H. Lewis
12x.Ana M. Lewis
13xi.Marion Harvey Lewis
14xii.John Oliver Essex Lewis
15xiii.James Lorenzo Lewis

3. Debbie Lynn Moore (This line connects to my GILLOCK line)

Danny Ray Potter. Son of George Laverine Potter & Francis Elizabeth Swaim.
Born 7 Sep 1959 in Tulsa, OK.

He married Debbie Lynn Moore, 4 May 1979 in Disney, Mayes Co., OK. Born
About 1961 in Riverside CA.
They had the following children:

2i.James Christopher Potter

4. Elizabeth Moore (Connects to my GILLOCKs)

Henry (Old Harry) (Sr) McCray

Birth:1770Place:Loudon Co., VA
Death:31 Jul 1847Place:Chatooga Co., GA
Father:Daniel McCray (1746-1819)
Mother:Sarah Nodding (1750-1809)
Other SpousesMary Moore

Marriage:1825/1827

Wife:Elizabeth Moore
*****************************

5. Jane Moore (Connects into my GILLOCKs)

Thomas McCray. Son of Daniel McCray & Sarah Nodding. Born 2 Dec 1781 in
Jonesboro Washington Co., TN. Died 1 Aug 1867 in Lawrence Co., MO. Buried in
Halltown, Lawrence Co., MO.

He married Jane (#1) Moore, 1803 in TN. Born 6 Nov 1786 in Waxhau District,
NC. Died 20 Jan 1874 in Turnback township, Lawrence Co., MO.
They had the following children:

2i.Elizabeth McCray
3ii.Charles Thomas McCray
4iii.Sarah McCray
5iv.Mary (Polly) Moore McCray
6v.Ora McCray
7vi.Samuel McCray
8vii.Daniel McCray
9viii.Lorina McCray
10ix.Bathsheba (Bersheeba Beersheba) McCray
11x.Elizabeth Jane McCray

6. Esther Mildred Moore (As you can see connects into my GILLOCKs)

1. George Taylor Gillock. Son of John Marion (I) Gillock & Ellen Matilda
Willows. Born 28 Aug 1904 in KS, might have been Sept instead of Aug. Died
7 Jun 1963 in Nickerson, KS, of a heart attack. Buried in Little River, KS.

He married Esther Mildred Moore, 2 Aug 1933 in KS. Born 16 Mar 1914 in
Norway, KS.
They had the following children:

2i.Donald Gale Gillock
3ii.John Joseph Gillock

7. Jane Moore, (Connects into my Wolfensbarger line which is a GILLOCK
connection)

Benedict Yeary. He married Jane (#2) Moore.
They had the following children:

2i.Thomas M. (Tom) Yeary
3ii.John C. Yearly

Second Generation

2. Thomas M. (Tom) Yeary. Son of Benedict Yeary & Jane (#2) Moore. Born 5
Aug 1851. Died 25 Jan 1926 in Claiborne Co., TN.

He married Rebecca Welch, daughter of Tandy H. Welch & Mary (Polly)
Clarkson. Born Mar 1848.
They had the following children:

4i.Alice Welch Yeary

3. John C. Yearly. Son of Benedict Yeary & Jane (#2) Moore. Born About 1842.

He married Mary Welch, daughter of Tandy H. Welch & Mary (Polly) Clarkson.
Born 2 Jan 1835. Died 7 Mar 1910 in Claiborne Co., TN.
They had the following children:

5i.Henry Bascom Yearly
6ii.Sarah J. Yearly
7iii.Harvey Isaac Yearly
8iv.Thomas Yearly
9v.Evaline Yearly

8.Jerd (spelling?) Moore (Connects to Cupps)Birth: 1888, Place: TN
Marriage: 1910, Place: TN, Wife: Julia Branson, Birth:1890
Father:John Houston (Jr.) Branson (1863-1924)
Mother:Martha M Cupp (1866-1932)

9. Joab Moore. He married Elizabeth Couch, daughter of Jacob (#1) Couch &
First name unk. Couch, maiden name unk., 8 Jul 1800 in Greene Co., TN. (The
Couches connect to my GILLOCKS)
They had the following children:

2i.Susannah Moore
3ii.Thomas Moore
Second Generation

2. Susannah Moore. Daughter of Joab Moore & Elizabeth Couch.

3. Thomas Moore. Son of Joab Moore & Elizabeth Couch. Born 1812.

10. Josephine (Joyce) Moore (this line marries into the Cupps)

Father unk Moore, mother's maiden.

He married Josephine (Joyce) Moore.
They had the following children:

2i.Lucinda (Sinday) Moore

Second Generation

2. Lucinda (Sinday) Moore. Daughter of Father unk Moore, mother's maiden &
Josephine (Joyce) Moore. Born Jan 1883 in TN. Died 19 Oct 1942 in TN.

She married William Wiley Capps, son of Horace Harris Maynard Capps & Sarah
Ann Branson, 1903 in Claiborne Co., TN. Born Sep 1883 in TN. Died 28 Feb
1955 in TN. Religion 340.
They had the following children:

3i.Clarence Capps
4ii.Janie Capps
5iii.Jarvis Capps
6iv.Lola Mae Capps
7v.Nola Capps
8vi.Rufus Justis Capps
9vii.Vestina Capps
10viii.Parzetta Capps
11ix.Emma D. Capps
12x.Horace Maynard Capps
13xi.Sarah A. Capps

Third Generation

3. Clarence Capps. Son of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday) Moore.

4. Janie Capps. Daughter of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday) Moore.

She married Richard Simpson.

5. Jarvis Capps. Son of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday) Moore.

6. Lola Mae Capps. Daughter of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday) Moore.

She first married First name unk Craig.

She second married First name unk. Jackson.

7. Nola Capps. Daughter of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday) Moore.

She first married Herman Brown.

She second married First name unk. Hudson.

8. Rufus Justis Capps. Son of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday) Moore.

He married Lucy Capps, maiden name unk..

9. Vestina Capps. Daughter of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday) Moore.

She married Paris Kinzer.

10. Parzetta Capps. Daughter of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday)
Moore. Born 1905. Died 30 Mar 1951.

She married First name unk. Williams.

11. Emma D. Capps. Daughter of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday) Moore.
Born 1904. Died 9 Feb 1949.

She married First name unk. Elliott.

12. Horace Maynard Capps. Son of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday)
Moore. Born 3 Nov 1907 in Claiborne Co., TN. Died 17 Jan 1976 in Knoxville,
Knox Co., TN. Buried in TN Valley Memorial Garden Cem. TN. Religion SSN:
413-09-4276 TN. Religion 342.

He married Dezeary Savannah Widby, 21 Nov 1930 in Knoxville, Knox Co., TN.
Born 13 Nov 1913 in Grainger Co., TN.

13. Sarah A. Capps. Daughter of William Wiley Capps & Lucinda (Sinday)
Moore. Born 1909.

She married W. G. Walker.

Reference Note 340
Capps, William Wiley: 1910 Claiborne Co., TN census

Reference Note 342
Capps, Horace Maynard: Member of Rainbow Baptist Church; The Knoxville
Journal- Monday jan. 19, 1976, Capps, Horace M. age 68, of rt 20, Henderson
Rd. died 9 p.m. Saturday, at St Mary's Hospital after a lingering illiness.
He was a member of Rainbow Baptist Church. Retired employee of City of
Knoxville. Survivors; widow, Mrs Dezeary Widby Capps; sons Johnny Capps, Los
Angles, Douglas Capps, Indianapolis, Wiley Capps, Morristown, Maynard, Otis,
James, Howard, and Joe Capps all of Knoxville; daughters Mrs Inez Swangin of
Ft Wayne, IN, Mrs Patsy Rutledge and Mrs Catherine Ferguson, both of
Knoxville; sisters Mrs Nola Brown, Garden City, KS, Mrs Sarah Walker, Mrs
Lola Mae Craig and Mrs Vesting Kinser all of Knoxville, Mrs Janie Simpson,
Somerset, Ky; 35 grandchildren. Funeral service 11 am Tuesday, Lighthouse
Baptist Church, Rev Oscar Nicely Jr. officiating. Imterment in Tenn Valley
Memorial Garden. Pallbearers will be the active deacons of Rainbow and
Lighthouse Baptist churches. The body is at the family home on Henderson Rd.
where friends may call at thier convenience. WeaverFuneral Home in charge.

I have a lot more MOOREs If someone wants to see them
Nelda