TNDICKSO-L Archives

Archiver > TNDICKSO > 2012-04 > 1335702018

From: ace1125 <>
Subject: [TNDICKSO] West, research in general and Rome Ellis
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 05:20:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Sandra!  Sorry I cant help you with this but it is great to 'see' u here!  Our email list is toooo quiet now.  Not like the old days!  We are all so busy!

  I have dusted off my resource material and it is now on a shelf,  but havent looked at it yet!  So many of us use Ancestry or other' pay for info' resources...but I think there are still somefolks that dont.   Having said that...I KNOW some resources are not dependable and unless you are confident that the source is dependable..dont stop there! Dig it out for yourself unless they provide their source of data.    For assortment of reasons some people do not correctly document their data.... My point is this, document document yourself OR get the source information from your info supplier.

So what if the data is misleading?  Well if YOU ck the source material ....and find it is weak...at least you know the lead was a bad one and it does help in narrowing the search.  But, if you coorborate the information you can be satisfied that it is solid and dependable.  ..and be satisfied that your information is as accurate as possible.

I might be rattling now.... sorry  bout that .

Now one more thing...it hit me with your last name of Ellis.(why didnt it hit me before??)  Are you kin to Rome Ellis?  I 'THINK" he owned a grocery at Crossroads in Edgewood TN....

time to do some chores.
cher