TNFENTRE-L Archives

Archiver > TNFENTRE > 2003-11 > 1068173629

From: Gary Norris <>
Subject: Re: [TNFENTRE-L] Overton County Roll Call
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:53:49 -0600

Upper Cumberland Civil War Books & Prints

25TH TENNESSEE INFANTRY REGIMENT - The book has 1,486 men from Overton,
White, Putnam, Jackson, Clay, Pickett, and Fentress Counties. There are
many pictures along with their military records, company and regimental
statistics, pension records, census records, and newspaper clippings. The
book is over 550 pages with an index and timeline. Follow this unit from
Mill Springs to Appomattox. The price is $50.00.

CHAMP FERGUSON's INDEPENDENT SCOUTS The book lists his men and gives brief
biographies. Pictures of some of the men or their tombstones are included.
Champ's victims are pictured as well as his foes. Lots of photos include the
site of Champ's hanging as well as his land in Clinton County. Cost $30.00.

TINKER DAVE BEATY'S INDEPENDENT SCOUTS The book lists each member of the
scouts and tries to give a personality sketch of the individual soldier.
Several members have individual pictures or tombstone pictures included.
Cost $30.00.

HAMILTON AND SHAW'S CAVALRY BATTALION  This Confederate unit operated mainly
in the Jackson, Clay, and Overton Counties of Tennessee. Made of only 200
men, this unit was supposed to cover an area of several hundred square
miles. Champ Ferguson scouted for them. When Major Hamilton was killed while
captive at Lexington, Kentucky, Ferguson went on a rampage at Saltville,
Virginia to avenge his friend. The price is $30.00.

SKETCH OF CHAMP FERGUSON by Ricky Wright 11" x 14" and on acid-free
paper Cost $5.00 +  $3.00 SH

SKETCH OF TINKER DAVE BEATY   by Ricky Wright 11" x 14" and on acid-free
paper  Cost $5.00 + $3.00 SH

Pickett County, Tennessee County Books

PICKETT COUNTY CEMETERY BOOK: BYE AND BYE. It has over 7,000 names in an
alphabetical data base. The book is 211 pages with directions to each
cemetery and a map provided. The price is $40.00.

THE DALE HOLLOW LAKE GRAVES: 2nd Printing - Approximately 825, known graves
were moved from the Dale Hollow Lake Pool Area by the U.S. Army Corps of
Engineers in the early 1940's. The counties of Clay, Overton, and Pickett in
Tennessee as well as Cumberland and Clinton Counties in Kentucky were
affected by the, removal of these graves. Each individual name has a listing
of the original cemetery site, the persons alphabetized name, date of birth,
date at death, additional genealogical information, and eventual
resting-place. This 50:page soft -bound work is vinyl-covered for long
lasting use. Price: $30.00.

Fentress County, Tennessee Books

FENTRESS COUNTY CEMETERY BOOK: FOOTPRINTS The book will have a database with
categories for name, birth date, death date, additional genealogical
information, and cemetery. There are 17,177 names in the alphabetized book.
Large maps of Fentress County, Jamestown, and Allardt will be included with
directions to each cemetery   Cost $50.00.

FENTRESS COUNTY HINTS AND CLUES a compiled alphabetical database made from
the various Fentress County newspapers from 1891 to 1946. The subject of the
work is the migrations into and out of Fentress County.
There are over 5,500 listings of marriages, dead letters, public land sales,
absent tax payers, out of state court suits, obituaries, military records,
and letters from out of state. Included are a few odd listings such as
tornadoes, earthquakes, 3-winged chickens, and the American Nazi Party
speaking in Fentress County. Just plain lots of hints and clues about the
genealogy of Fentress County. Cost $20.00.

THE BIG FENTRESS COUNTY CENSUS BOOK 1820-1890 - It contains all the census
records available for Fentress County in that period. The 1820 White and
Overton County records are there as well as the 1890 Veterans' Census. In
all, there are 28,800+ records of individuals or families listed. The book
is 655 pages and is an alphabetical database. Price: $70.00.

Overton County, Tennessee Books

OVERTON COUNTY ROLL CALL BOOK SET: 4th Printing -This two-volume set
contains 27,000 alphabetized names of individuals buried in Overton County
Tennessee. Over 450 cemetery sites are named as well as directions to each.
Data listed includes name, birth date, date of death, additional
genealogical information, and respective cemetery. Local histories, census
records, obituaries, family genealogies, and military records were used to
add information for almost every individual listed. This is a 900+ page set
took over 20 years in the making. Soft-bound with vinyl bindings, this set
has a tough vinyl cover to protect. Price: $80.00.

COMING HOME - THis book lists 3,000 persons who were born or lived in
Overton County and were buried elsewhere. These names were taken from
obituaries found in the Livingston / Overton County newspapers from 1914 -
2000. An alphabetical database was used for the listings. Birth dates, death
dates, additional genealogical information, and final resting place is given
for each individual. Price: $20.00.

OVERTON COUNTY VETERANS' BOOK This book contains the pictures and military
records of hundreds of men who served in the military service from the
Spanish-American War through the Vietnam War. Each soldier provided
information including enlistment date, place of training, assignments,
awards won, rank, and list of time served. The book is spiral bound with a
vinyl coated cover. Cost: $55.00.

1854 LIVINGSTON, TENNESSEE SALOON LEDGER It contains over 3,700 entries of
customers who entered the bar in Livingston during the year 1854. The
alphabetical database shows each person's name, order, bill, and date of
purchase. The book gives an insight into early Livingston and its people.
Price: $20.00.

LIVINGSTON ACADEMY GRADUATING CLASSES 1913-2000 This newly released book
lists the graduating classes by year with the names in alphabetical order.
From the first class with its four graduates to today's classes of 200. The
56-page book is soft-bound with a vinyl cover. Price--- $20.00.

THE HISTORY OF LIVINGSTON ACADEMY BOYS' BASKETBALL 1956-1976 - Relive the
golden days of Upper Cumberland high school basketball at Livingston
Academy. Press clippings, individual and team pictures, annuals, and local
newspaper stories bring the era to life as LA rolls to victory -after
victory. Individual-and team stats are used for each year as well as a
posting of the team's schedule and results. Individual interviews and
clippings mention many other area teams and opposing players. Soft-bound
with 325 pages. A must it you ever attended "Hogeye". Price: $20.00

Clinton County, Kentucky Books

CLINTON COUNTY CEMETERY BOOK: ROCK OF AGES: 2nd PRINTING -This work of 397
pages contains the burial records of over 14,000 individuals buried in the
Albany - Clinton County area. Each alphabetized name has a category for
birth date, date of death, additional genealogical information, and
respective cemetery site. Soft-bound with vinyl-covered wire bindings, this
Look is made to last years. Directions to each cemetery are included with
the county map. Price: $45.00

Mailing costs: $5.00 per order regardless of size or number. The only
exception is for an order of prints at $3.00.
Mail check or money order to:

Gary D. Norris
217 Nolan Street
Albany, KY 42602

"I will live as long as you remember me."