TNGILES-L Archives

Archiver > TNGILES > 2011-02 > 1298172387

From: R L Foster <>
Subject: Re: [TNGILES] Henry Foster, Nottoway, VA>Barren, KY>Giles, TN>Searcy,AR.
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 22:26:27 -0500

Hi Greg,

I have this family a bit differently. I got some of this from John Lee
Fults' book 'The Chafiins' and the rest from court documents and censuses
and other researchers. I may be wrong on some points. I am not wedded to any
of these conclusions. Correct me if I'm wrong.

George Foster m. Mary Clementine Singleton in 1722. Died 1789 Charlotte Co.,
VA.

Their son George Foster m. Mary Watts. Exact marriage place unproven. George
died 1762 in Lunenburg Co., VA.

Children:

John Richard Foster m. 1. Hannah Page 2. Phoebe Hatchett. Died in Maury Co.,
TN

Josiah Foster m. Judith Wilkes. Their son George Watts Foster m. Elizabeth
Bass Hatchett. Died Franklin Co., TN.

Sarah Foster m. John Tankersley. I have no children for them.

Frances Ann Foster m. James Haney. Moved to Union Co., SC. Many of their
children go to Yell Co., AR.

I have looked hard at this family, but haven't found a connection. Dr. Billy
Foster and Michael Motes have George Foster's wife as Mary/Sarah Lay or Low
and their marriage in Prince William Co., VA. I looked for proof of this
marriage, but couldn't find it. I contacted them for their sources, but have
received no reply. Since I haven't come across any direct confirmation for
this marriage myself, I have to assume there's a Lay or Low will someplace
that I haven't seen that names her as a Foster. I looked in the Prince
William records, but came up empty. I'm assuming they wouldn't make this up
out of thin air. The same is true of Fults. I contacted him and he assured
me he's seen proof in the Lunenburg Co. records. Again, I couldn't find it
myself.

I welcome anything you can add.

Bob

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Greg and Ginger Keeling <