TNGRAING-L Archives

Archiver > TNGRAING > 2003-08 > 1060090128

From: "Betty B" <>
Subject: Re: [TNGRAING-L] Re: John Mayes and Margaret Noe
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:28:48 +0000

All,

In addition to below, I just noticed that Robert Cardwell, son of Robert
Cardwell and Elizabeth Copelan, married a Nancy MAYES 23 Oct 1837 Grainger
Co. TN. This Nancy Mayes is shown as being born in 1816.

One poster recently asked for information on a Robert Cardwell. From this
book, it appears that the senior Robert Cardwell came from Campbell County
VA to Grainger Co. TN between 1808 and 1810. Their oldest child, John was
born 26 Aug 1808 in Campbell Co. VA, and the second child, Alice, was born
26 Aug 1810 in Grainger Co. TN. Alice married Cornelius Goforth 19 Aug
1830, Grainger Co. TN. According to notes kept by Cornelius Goforth, he
bought the Robert Cardwell homeplace and he and Alice made a home for
Elizabeth Copelan Cardwell. She is with them on the 1870 census, but not on
the 1880 census. Her death date is not known.

Betty B.