TNGRAING-L Archives

Archiver > TNGRAING > 2005-03 > 1112138871

From: "Gail Roorda" <>
Subject: Re: [TNGRAING-L] Phillip Roberts/Eliza Hill
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:27:51 -0600

Dear Ross,

I am glad that you are "back" <grin> to your computer for you were one of
the Camerons I hoped would answer my query.

Re the Senies First of all I have gotten the Senas striaghtened out I think.
The birthdate on Senie Roberts Harbin stone is apparently wrong and as you
said there is no DOD. Census indicates she was born in 1844. This would
also be supported by the entry in Grainger County Vitals. Unhappily over
the years I have been researching the cost of Tennessee Death certificates
has gone up to the same price as our Missouri ones. However, I think I will
investigate a way to get this cerificate. These certificates have all been
filmed and I have sites bookmarked where people offer to get copies. Also
Tennessee archives takes forever and ever. (This is NOT a complaint.
Tennessee archives is terrific and offers great service, but I suspect they
are really snowed under out there.)

I can't find Senie's brother John in the cemetery books. I suspect he is in
Narrow Valley since at least 4 of his children are buried there as is his
wife Phebe Oliver Mayes. However, although John's place of burial and exact
DOD maybe be on his death certificate. I strongly suspect his exact DOB iis
not since the certificate apparently says aged about 82.at least according
to Grainger County Vitals. <grin>

It is possible that Phillip and Dennis Roberts were related and also that
Nancy and Eliza Hill were related. I am pretty certain that they are
related. All the Roberts in Grainger County at least in the early days are
apparently related. More later.

Gail